Wednesday 21 January 2009

Submit a Japanese Sign

The moment you've been waiting for has come. I'm opening the floor to anyone with a worthy Japanese sign. Send me your pictures, captioned or not, and I'll put them up. I'll try not to put signs up which are already on the site, or too similar to something on the site, or not very useful. Also, if I don't put your sign up straight away it's because I'm lazy or busy, or perhaps I secretly hate you and your superior sign finding ability.

My email address is shown below, as an image to avoid spam.


Any format is fine, if you want to caption it try the format shown below:

-Original kanji containing sentence
-Hiragana and/or katakana reading
-English translation

An example:

高さ制限2.0m以下
たかさせいげんにメートルいか
Height limit 2.0 metres or less.

I'll check any captions I get, I won't post blindly. Of course, if I make a mistake, please let me know in the comments so we can get it fixed up and avoid misleading anyone. So far people have been very generous in pointing out errors and typos and I appreciate it.

I will be altering and posting these pics for everyone to copy and use as they see fit. If you don't want your picture distributed freely on the internet, then don't send it.

Have at it.

No comments: